This has been a wonderful Christmas season! I have several experiences to share from the last few weeks.
*We tried to take Santa pictures at the mall, and James was petrified of "Ho Ho". We walked up to Santa, and James starting clinging to Josh's arm. I had a feeling it wasn't going to go well this year, and I was right!! He cried and cried. I even tried to get in there, but he was done. I was happy that we hadn't wasted too much time, because we'd gone at an off time, and we didn't have to order the picture. We tried again on Friday night in Grapevine, and he did better. I didn't even try to put him down without me. I just got in the picture with him and he did OK. He was in the middle of a blink, but I'll take what I can get at this point! Hopefully next year will be better! I will scan that picture soon.
*James only broke 3 Christmas decorations this year!! ;) He threw two Christmas coasters on the tile floor and ripped the arms off of the wooden toy soldier that I love. My aunt made it and carried it all the way from New York to Texas this summer. When he broke it, he said, "Oh NO!" I couldn't get mad at him, and luckily, I can easily hot glue it back together.
*James has been a little doll this Christmas, and we've had more fun introducing him to Christmas traditions. He won't remember anything, but it's fun anyway! We have watched almost every Christmas show and movie. He loved most of them, but he was not a fan of "The Grinch". He was trying hard not to cry, and it about broke my heart. I didn't notice it at first, but I heard a few whimpers, looked over at him, and his face was getting red, tears were welling up, and then he said, "Mama...Mama...Mama". We won't be watching that one again!
*My whole family went to Grapevine Friday night for the North Pole Express ride. It's a train that looks just like the Polar Express train, and the kids loved it! They sang Christmas songs, and Santa even came! Here is a slideshow of some of the pictures my sister took.
**Don't forget to email me if you want to read my blog after I make it private!** (read blog below)
3 comments:
We live near the train and can't wait until our grandchild is old enough to take on something that much fun.....great slideshow of the fun your family had.
Blessings, Linda L.
The Christmas Express looks awesome! Is it permanent and year round? I love the matching Christmas pjs too.
Merry Christmas to all! And to all a good night!
(No more midnight mass for this mama!)
The Grinch scared me too as a child! LOL! I understand how James feels...I can't even watch the Jim Carrey version! It sounds like had a Merry Christmas! God Bless!
Post a Comment