I'm finally getting around to this!
Here's a little about Jack at 2 months.
*He's getting so chunky! 13 lbs, 24.5 in (62nd% for weight, 70th% for height) . HUGE jump from 10/10 at his 2 week!
*He's very interactive. He's getting so much more smiley and coos a lot. He's even starting to give us mini-laughs! I'm so in love with his smiles and coos. He has flirty eyes and really moves his lips when he coos. He coos most right after bath and diaper changes, when he's laying on the bed. He's getting to where he's cooing all throughout the day now, though. He always gives the fan and corner of our living room big smiles.
*He is standing a lot more in our lap.
*He's still not a good sleeper. He's doing a little better with sleeping in his crib or bassinett for naps, but his typical pattern at night is...sleep 4 hours, eat, sleep 2-3 hours, eat, fuss/sleep/squirm the rest of the morning (4-7).
*He takes about 30-40 minutes to eat. First 5-10 minutes, he eats vigorously (swallowing a ton of air and getting frustrated), then dawdles the rest of the feeding.
*Because of the air swallowing, he's VERY gassy! My doctor just gave us some good tips, though, to help with that, and we're trying them out.
*Almost every day, we have ipod and dancing time. It's a good chance for me to hold and sing to Jack without James getting jealous, because James loves to dance solo along beside us. This is probably my favorite time of day right now, because Jack just snuggles right into me and looks so happy. I get to just take him in.
*If Jack starts crying, the millisecond that I start to pick him up, get him out of his carseat, etc, he will stop crying, as if I had a mute button on him. It's so funny! This week, he was sitting next to me in his carseat as I worked on the computer. He started fussing, so I tried to keep putting his paci back in and rocking his carseat with my foot. When that no longer worked, I finally just turned and reached for him. He gave me the biggest smile he'd ever given in his life. It was open mouth with a scrunched up nose. It was the sweetest, cutest moment with him to date! I just love making him happy! He's such a joy!
*He's got the most silky, soft skin!
*He is happy laying on his back if one of us is in eyesight, but if no one is there, he won't last a minute.
3 comments:
Lauren - you really look like Dad in that picture...Jilinda just pointed that out, and I agree completely.
I see what you're talking about! I have his exact same cheeks.
That's such a sweet picture of the three of you!
Post a Comment